Horn Furniture (UK) Limited
Assessment of impact and changing work practices (COVID-19) – 25/03/2020
- Adjustments will be made to working practices to ensure all staff can work whilst maintaining social isolation guidelines.
– Only staff who absolutely cannot work from home will attend work at Unit 12, Oaktree Business Centre, Spitfire Way, Swindon. This includes staff involved in manufacturing, packing and despatching orders. Where office staff can work from home this has been arranged, whilst appreciating that in a small team office staff often perform a dual role in packing and despatching.
– 2 metre separation must be observed at all times. Only one person is allowed in the kitchen area and toilets at a time. Manufacturing and packing areas are large enough for the small number of staff present to maintain and observe the 2 metre rule.
- We are taking all precautionary measures hand washing facilities are available to staff in work areas and regular hand washing is required. PPE, gloves are provided to all warehouse staff.
- All additional measures have been assessed and can be undertaken whilst continuing safe and efficient operation of the facility.
- Staff travel to work. Staff either travel to work alone in a vehicle (or in a family group).
- We have reduced contact with customers. The site is closed to customers with only staff allowed on site. Visitors are only allowed on site to deliver products needed to continue our operation. All visitors are not allowed into the building.
- We have temporarily suspended our own delivery and assembly service to avoid contact with customers that would be required to assemble cabinets in the customer’s homes. We have taken this decision to protect our staff who travel across the UK and our customers many of whom are in the at risk groups. This situation is under constant review and will be changed as soon as possible. All smaller items that can be sent out by a carrier are still being sent and we are continuing to send out larger units by pallet if asked to do. A price for this service is on request.
This action has been taken following assessment of current government advice and with advice from MAKE UK shown below.
“We recognise that as well as seeking advice on the processes that they should put in place for managing their operations, some companies are also seeking guidance on whether or not to remain open and productive. Overall, the Government has asked every UK citizen to do everything it can to reduce the movement of people to help slow the spread of covid-19 and minimise pressure on the health service – please bear this in mind when making your decision. However, as stated above, the Government has not asked all businesses to cease operations – it has only asked those sectors of the economy that encourage large gatherings of people or create environments where social distancing is impossible, to close.”